Saturday, March 28, 2009

News

This is my new laptop PC. So far I think it is a good tool, like a decent hammer.

It's made by Hewlett Packard.

As a younger man before I became an engineer, I was an electronics technician for 20 years. I calibrated and repaired a lot of electronic test equipment, about half of which was made by Hewlett Packard. Didn't have to repair HP stuff much compared to Tektronix or Genrad. Over the years I learned that they do not cut corners on their designs or hardware.

In the mid-90s they decided to start making computers. They changed the brand name of their test equipment to Agilent and kept the good HP name for their computer business. After a few years they acquired Compaq computer company. Compaq made the Cadillac of computers back then, and they still make a good product. I think both companies are among the best.

Also, I now have a wireless HP printer/scanner/copier and Verizon High Speed with WI-FI.
I am grateful that God has provided me the resources to have these new tools.



Went on a milk run in PA last weekend. Snapped this photo of one of the fuel-efficient vehicles they drive up there...



Robert washes his car his own way...




Watching a movie, Barb's always crocheting.




Takiyah needs a little help getting off our couch these days.



They won't be smilin' so much in a couple of months (just kidding!)




I don't know what Barb is making. Joe sits in my chair and eats all the string cheese.





Looky me! I have lost 25 pounds since Christmas.


1 comment:

  1. wow, 25 pounds? that's great! I remember mom saying she lost 17...good for you guys. I finally got back to what I weighed before I got pregnant with Matthew...still would like to lose another 10 pounds though...

    ReplyDelete

About Me