Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Be Alert...





















I found this photo of a place where we camped on Lake Ontario a few years ago just after my Dad passed away. It got me to thinking. I don't really know anything of my Dad's relationship with God, but I am hoping he was saved through Jesus and that he is in Heaven...

“Be Alert,” God wrote through Paul, “Stand firm in the Faith, be brave and strong”. (1 Cor 16:13)

Satan is not against good morals, Satan is against Jesus Christ.
Think.
The Bible indicates that Satan will do ANYTHING to separate us from God.
A lost man with good morals can live all his life as a beloved good man, doing good things for his family, friends, and those in need - only to die and live a woeful eternity without Abba Father. Satan fools such men - they feel sinless and comfortable with the many attributes of this world, ignoring God.

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
2 Timothy 3:16-17

In a discipleship class I took when I first came to Faith, Pastor ben Eller taught me that there are 4 sources of authority on the Earth, but only Scripture is totally true:

1. Scripture
2. Intellect
3. Experience
4. Tradition (Man's Law)

Jesus Christ is the only true source of authority for all things good and moral, and thus He should be acknowledged as such at every turn.
To exhibit high moral values without linking them to our Lord as their source has, over time, desensitized humanity and weakened our morality to the point where it possesses little of its original value.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me