Monday, December 14, 2009

New Song: This Christmas

I put this song down on paper as an answer to prayer.
I had the opportunity to sing this for my friends at church last Sunday. It was hard to do and I think more than a few could see that I was struggling with it, trying not to lose my composure. I got-r-done though...


(Notated with Guitar Chords)

THIS CHRISTMAS WILL BE DIFFERENT
s. kappesser 2009

[Intro Am D G]

G Em
Oh, this Christmas will be diff’rent,

Am D
Than many in the past,

G Em
Things just aren’t the same now,

Am D
Time has gone too fast.
‘’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’
G Em
Haven’t seen old friends,

Am D
In a while - - I don’t know,

G Em
And a cold, hard feelin’ settles in,

Am D
As I watch the fallin’ snow…
‘’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’
G
Oh, this Christmas will be
Em
diff’rent,

Am D
Friends have come and gone,

G Em
Mem’ries of days gone by,

Am D
Makes it hard to sing this song.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

G Em
The only Hope I have is here,

Am D
The Book shouts words of joy,

G Em
It began so long ago,

Am D
With the birth of a Holy Boy.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
[Bridge]
D C G
The sky lit up,

D C G
The Host sang out,

D C G
It must’ve been a glorious site!

D C G
A baby born from High above,

D C G
Have no fear in His awesome love,

D C G
I know I found the Light.
‘’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’

G Em
Oh, this Christmas will be diff’rent,

Am D
Can I be strong and able?

G Em
I am told that Hope’s alive

Am D
It was born in a Christmas stable.
‘’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’

G Em
Oh, this Christmas will be diff’rent,

Am D
While some things cannot be,

G Em
Love is strong, as it was ment,

Am D
It’s a gift He gave to me…
‘’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’
G Em
Yes, this Christmas will be diff’rent,

Am D
Than many in the past,

G Em
But in many ways, it’ll be the same

Am D
It’s finally here, at last…

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me