Friday, May 1, 2009

SOQ NAVFAC Argentia NFLD

I'll never regret my service. I am glad to have had the opportunity to be a part of something of real value.
I stumbled upon these documents from "back in the day". I had forgotten about this and I don't know why. It was a big deal in those days, and an honor to be recognized for simply doing my job.

(I still had to pay for beers at the enlisted club that month though...)









That's Capt. Bunch handing me this award. He was the best Commander I ever served under. The guy was fearless, never slept, and would support any of his men in a heartbeat. He was a stickler for the safety of his men too.
He once called me to quarters because he had spotted me (through watch-stander's binoculars!) driving too fast to get to my duty station. His office was on the 12th floor of the "Q Building" on the base, and he could see all from there. He told me if I didn't cool it he would impound my pickup for a week. After that I paid attention to my speedometer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me